Artisan: Electrician (Shift) (m/f)
Swakop Uranium is recruiting an Artisan: Electrician (Shift) (m/f), to be based in Swakopmund, Namibia.
- To safely perform electrical maintenance tasks in accordance with set standards, procedures and specifications, to achieve optimum equipment availability and process efficiency objectives
- Perform skilled technical work within the parameters of the trade, according to standards, procedures and specifications, on all machinery and equipment in area of responsibility
- Perform ongoing diagnoses and fault-finding/running inspections on all equipment and machinery in area of responsibility
- Diagnose, maintain, adjust, and repair faults and overhaul equipment and machinery on site, in order to maximize the availability of equipment and machinery, and ensure that the standard is maintained as per related schedules
- Schedule maintenance activities by ensuring that the required parts, tools and special tools are available during services and repairs as planned, in order for repair and maintenance work to be done in the shortest possible time
- Provide proactive advice and guidance on the effective repair and maintenance of equipment and machinery
- Identify and interpret best practice guidelines, plans and implement accordingly.
Analyze trends and implement continuous improvements
- Keep line fully informed of all work performed in area of responsibility, and timeously report any deviations so that appropriate action can be taken
- Comply to Company job safety and good housekeeping standards/practices at all times.
- Grade 12, with a Recognised Trade Diploma/ Certificate in Electrical
- 3 years post trade experience as an Electrician in a maintenance environment
- Experience in a plant/mining maintenance environment
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted