General Manager: Roads & Building
Municipality of Walvis Bay
Walvis Bay Municipality is hiring a General Manager: Roads & Building, in Walvis Bay, Namibia.
- (PATERSON GRADE LEVEL E2)
- To plan, direct, control and administer the affairs of the Department by formulation the vision of Council with regard to Roads & Building Control into policies, strategies and action plans that ensure the continued provision of a sound road infrastructure to the town of Walvis Bay thereby contributing to the town’s attractiveness to investors, effectiveness of all industrial and commercial operations, and safety of road transportation within the jurisdictional area of the town at all times. To advise management and council with regard to roads & building control strategy and operations
- Key Performance Areas:
- Strategic planning and advice
- Roads & Building Control Operations
- Town Planning
- Customer Care
- Departmental Management
- A B. Degree in Civil Engineering (NQA level 8)
- An MBA degree (NQA level 9) will be an advantage
- 8 years, post professional registration, in an engineering position with at least 5 years thereof in a senior professional and managerial role
- Experience in municipal engineering services will be an added advantage
- Registration as a Professional Engineer with the Engineering Council of Namibia
- Driving License Code B
- The remuneration package will be market related, inclusive of competitive service benefits. Further information with regards to remuneration or any other information related to the vacancies can be enquired from Mr Absalom Iiyambo (Human Resources Practitioner: Staffing & Employee Benefits) at the telephone number 064 201 3204.
- People from designated groups in terms of the Affirmative Action Act are encouraged to apply and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply