Accor is recruiting a Procurement Manager, in Windhoek, Namibia.
- To organize, develop and operate effectively the procurement department. To strictly follow the procedure of Procurement laid down by the management with the objective of procuring the right merchandise at the right time and at the best available price
- To ensure close liaison and coordination with F & B Department, Housekeeping, Engineering etc. for meeting their needs
- To study thoroughly the items needed to procure and to have sufficient knowledge about them and their use
- To ensure supply of merchandise for various departments keeping in mind the ‘lead time’ required for procurement
- To process and keep track of every procurement requisition, procurement order, contract for regular supplies, upkeep and maintenance of these supplies and lists for kitchens for daily perishables and other standing order requirements
- To sort out the requirements into- top priority (immediate action), urgent (required in less than half the lead time) and normal (within the lead time)
- To ensure conformity to standards and specifications of merchandise as required by the management
- To ensure that the requisitions from the originating department are routed through proper channels
- To constantly endeavor to obtain goods at competitive prices without sacrificing the desired quality standards
- To maintain proper planning and control systems by filing of different procurement orders in serial order- department wise, lead time demarcation for each item and stated delivery time for each item
- Preparation of contracts and their terms, use of proper signatures and stamp papers as per existing laws, notation of expiry of contract period, and advertising through local papers to invite tenders etc
- To ensure that store inventories do not exceed desired limits
- To keep track of capital items ordered and keep track of their timely delivery.
- Ensuring that items ordered have complete billing and delivery instructions and in case of default that, ‘penalty’ clauses are suitably added to the procurement orders as per the demand of the items.
- Keeping track of the Performa invoice, dates of cheque submissions and keeping close liaison with accounts department for clearing documents etc. in time.
- To maintain follow- up files
- To keep him up- to- date on the procurement function and the market situation.
- To scan through the procurement requisitions originated by the stores section for regular stores items and other items and select the vendors/ suppliers for the items, and also advise them of the receiving times, place of delivery, packing etc.
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
- Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction
- Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behavior and genuine hospitality
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objective of this position
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other hotel employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment
- At all times projects a favorable image of the Hotel to the public
- To follow departmental policies and procedures
- To follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum one year management experience in a procurement department
- 3 years experience in a hotel procurement department
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounts/Supply Chain Management preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Collaborate effectively with other hotel employees and managers to ensure teamwork
- Able to resolve conflicts guests, supervisor and employee
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Basic computer skills in MS Office, reservation systems, and point of sales systems
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted