Bank Windhoek is recruiting a Valuer (m/f), to be based in Otjiwarongo, Namibia.
- To inspect fixed property and determine building progress or the most probable open market value of such property based on market research on comparable sales and the current economic cycle to protect the interest of the financier and client
- Key Performance Areas (KPSs):
- Valuation of fixed properties
- Evaluation and appraisal of development proposals
- Building progress Inspections of residential, business/commercial and industrial properties
- Routine and ad-hoc building inspections
- Liaison with project developers
- General office administration
- Market Research into the latest market conditions, indicators, trends and rates
- Customer and Sales focus
- Required Competencies
- Adhering to principles & values
- Relating and Networking
- Writing and Reporting
- Planning and Organizing
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Following instructions and procedures
- Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- At least 2 years practical “Market Valuation” experience within the “Banking Environment” or “Private Sector” within the Namibian Property Market, covering both Residential and Commercial valuations and at least 2 years’ experience on the inspection of and progress evaluation of building projects.
- Good knowledge of technical, architects and engineers drawings.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of construction and building practice, procedures and materials.
- Comprehensive experience in property valuation methods
- Good communication, social and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the system and processing activities
- Computer literacy is essential
- Grade 12
- Tertiary qualification (3 year Diploma) in Property Valuations and Real Estate
- Sworn appraiser (optional)
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted